Last Updated on July 1, 2022 by Cheryl Moreo
Beer brats with your favorite mustard and a good bun make a great anytime meal!
Sausages aren’t just for Octoberfest. Why wait for fall. Because this one-skillet dish is simple to make, we fix the skillet dish throughout the year.
They make an excellent game watching food.
You don’t have to fire up your grill to make good brats. Just follow the instructions below, and you are all set.
Beer Brats in a Skillet
Beer brats in a skillet makes a quick, tasty sandwich. Mike and I like our brats just browned and then simmered in a beer (Killian’s) and served on a brat bun with our favorite mustard.
- 1 package of Johnsonville Brats or Beer Brats, thawed
- 6 oz Killian’s Beer
- Heat skillet on medium-high.
- Cook sausage until browned, turning often.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Carefully add half a bottle (6 oz) of beer to skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until internal temperature of sausage is 160ºF.
- Serve on your favorite bun with a good mustard and your favorite toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If you are looking for a great sandwich accompaniment, then try my Mustard Potato Salad.
Another sandwich you might like: Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
""As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases."