Last Updated on July 1, 2022 by Cheryl Moreo
Chicken Tetrazzini is a creamy pasta dish that is easy to make. Take a break from tomato-based pasta dishes.
What is Chicken Tetrazzini?
Traditionally, chicken tetrazzini is an Italian dish made with chicken, mushrooms, a creamy white wine sauce, and parmesan cheese. The dish is supposedly named after Luisa Tetrazzini who was a famous 1905 opera star.
Tools Used to Make Chicken Tetrazzini:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Shredding Forks for shredding chicken
- Chef’s Knife for cubed chicken
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – dry and liquid measure
- Colander or a Pasta Pot
- Instant Pot for cooking the chicken breast
Make sure you check out my post on What Instant Pot Accessories Do You Really Need.
How to Cook Chicken:
Don’t have time to cook the chicken, use shredded store-bought rotisserie chicken, too. Or, buy shredded/diced prepared chicken.
- Put 1 cup of chicken broth into the Instant Pot pan
- Place a trivet or basket into the pot
- Add three frozen chicken breasts to the Instant Pot pan
- Season the chicken with your favorite chicken seasonings and salt and pepper
- Place the lid on and lock it into place
- Close the vent
- Pressure cook on high for 12 minutes
- Natural release for 5 minutes and then do a quick release
- Shred or dice your chicken
If using fresh chicken breasts, reduce the pressure time to 10 minutes.
- Place three or four fresh chicken breasts in a large saucepan. Do not overlap.
- Season with salt and pepper and your favorite chicken seasonings
- Add water to 1″ above the chicken
- Bring water to a boil. Reduce the temperature so that the chicken will simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until your chicken is fork-tender.
- Shred or dice your cooked chicken
- 1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 jar pimentos, 4 oz
- 1 jar chicken or turkey gravy
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- ⅔ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup panko or Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced or diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13" x 9 " casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water as directed on the package. Drain. Return the spaghetti to the pot. ..
- In the medium saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the mushrooms and peas. Cook until tender.
- Add the chicken broth, gravy, and half and half to the saucepan. Heat to a simmer.
- Pour the saucepan contents over the spaghetti and chicken. Then mix until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Spread mixture evenly into the casserole.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.