Spaghetti squash can help you with those pasta cravings. This recipe is a butter and parmesan version, but you can also use your favorite pasta sauce.
Method of Preparing Spaghetti Squash
If you’re maintaining a low-carb diet, this squash is your friend. It’s super easy to make. It may be prepared in many ways: roasted in the oven, slow cooker, pressure cooker (Instant Pot), or microwaved. My favorite method is roasted in the oven. But, The Food Network has over 30 recipes. My recipe follows.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan and Parsley
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- Trim the top and bottom off each spaghetti squash to create a flat surface. Sit the squash upright and slice down the middle with a sharp knife. Scoop out the pulp and seeds with a spoon without piercing through the squash. Reserve seeds and set aside to toast later, if desired.
- Brush the edges and inside of each squash half with olive oil. Sprinkle each half with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the squash cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the squash isfork-tender.
- Remove from oven and cool for several minutes. Once cool enough to handle, flip over the squash and carefully “shred” the inside with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands, leaving the shredded squash inside the squash shells.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the spaghetti squash and top each with some Parmesan cheese. Place back into the oven until the cheese is melted and starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with some freshly chopped parsley sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
- 13″ x 9″ COOKIE SHEET: Ensures a perfect bake every time for your favorite recipes, from cookies and other desserts to sheet pan dinners
- PROVIDES EVEN HEAT DISTRIBUTION: Distributes heat evenly for thorough baking
- SCRATCH-RESISTANT NONSTICK COATING: Scratch-resistant and dishwasher-safe nonstick coating provides excellent release while also making clean up quick and easy
- CONVENIENT AND VERSATILE: Metal spatula safe so you can serve your baked goods right off the sheet
- MADE WITH DURABLE STEEL: Made with heavy duty gauge steel to resist warping and offer high quality baking for years to come
- Turn ANY pan into a non-stick surface and save time cleaning up! Use Silpat instead for any baking recipe (sweet or savory) that calls for parchment paper; Silpat replaces the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays
- Made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone, which provides consistent heat distribution and promotes even baking and browning
- Silpat is the original non-stick baking mat and has stood the test of time with use by the most demanding chefs in the world; Silpat products conform to US regulations on food grade silicone, and are NSF and Kosher certified
- Mat measures 11-5/8″ x 16-1/2″; Made for a 13″ x 18″ pan
- Freezer, microwave, and oven-safe; Can be used at temperatures varying from -40 degrees C to 250 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 500 degrees F)
Other Vegetable Recipes
Last update on 2024-03-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API