Last Updated on July 1, 2022 by Cheryl Moreo
Spaghetti squash can help you with those pasta cravings. This recipe is a butter and parmesan version, but you can also use your favorite pasta sauce.
Method of Preparing Spaghetti Squash
If you’re maintaining a low-carb diet, this squash is your friend. It’s super easy to make. It may be prepared in many ways: roasted in the oven, slow cooker, pressure cooker (Instant Pot), or microwaved. My favorite method is roasted in the oven. But, The Food Network has over 30 recipes. My recipe follows.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan and Parsley
Spaghetti squash can help you with those pastacravings. This recipe is a butter andparmesan version, but you can also use your favorite pasta sauce. Here is mybasic recipe for roasted spaghetti squash.
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Trim the top and bottom off each spaghetti squash to create a flat surface. Sit the squash upright and slice down the middle with a sharp knife. Scoop out the pulp and seeds with a spoon without piercing through the squash. Reserve seeds and set aside to toast later, if desired.
- Brush the edges and inside of each squash half with olive oil. Sprinkle each half with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the squash cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the squash isfork-tender.
- Remove from oven and cool for several minutes. Once cool enough to handle, flip over the squash and carefully “shred” the inside with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands, leaving the shredded squash inside the squash shells.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the spaghetti squash and top each with some Parmesan cheese. Place back into the oven until the cheese is melted and starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with some freshly chopped parsley sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Other Vegetable Recipes
""As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases."