Spaghetti squash can help you with those pasta cravings. This recipe is a butter and parmesan version, but you can also use your favorite pasta sauce. Here is my basic recipe for roasted spaghetti squash.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan and Parsley
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped
- Trim the top and bottom off each spaghetti squash to create a flat surface. Sit the squash upright and slice down the middle with a sharp knife. Scoop out the pulp and seeds with a spoon without piercing through the squash. Reserve seeds and set aside to toast later, if desired.
- Brush the edges and inside of each squash half with olive oil. Sprinkle each half with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Place the squash cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until the squash isfork-tender.
- Remove from oven and cool for several minutes. Once cool enough to handle, flip over the squash and carefully “shred” the inside with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands, leaving the shredded squash inside the squash shells.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the spaghetti squash and top each with some Parmesan cheese. Place back into the oven until the cheese is melted and starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with some freshly chopped parsley sprinkled on top. Enjoy!