Mac N Cheese, So Easy
This baked macaroni and cheese dish is creamy and delicious. Forget about the mac n cheese box with powdered cheese or cheese squeezed out of a foil packet. Once you have tasted this recipe, you won’t go back to the boxed.
Macaroni and cheese—also called mac ‘n’ cheese in the United States, and macaroni cheese in the United Kingdom—is a dish of cooked macaroni pasta and a cheese sauce, most commonly cheddar. It can also incorporate other ingredients, such as breadcrumbs or meat.Wikipedia
This a lot for me to say because I have been known to polish off a whole pan of the boxed stuff. I used to live on macaroni and cheese.
Macaroni and Cheese the Moreo Way
- 4 cups uncooked macaroni an entire 1 lb box
- 5 T melted butter
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 beaten egg
- 6 cups of milk
- 8 oz shredded medium cheddar
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the butter into a 13″ x 9″ metal pan. Stir the macaroni into the butter until coated.
- Stir the cheeses into the coated macaroni.
- Add the salt, pepper, mustard, and egg into the milk and pour onto the pasta mixture.
- Place the pan on the middle shelf of your oven, and bake for one hour or until golden brown.
- Enjoy your homemade macaroni and cheese.
Other Dinner Recipes
""As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases."