Want to make a passion tea lemonade at home? Then, you will love this recipe. Using Tazo Passion Tea adds the flavor of hibiscus flowers, orange peel, rose hips, passion fruit flavor, and a lively hint of cinnamon spice.
Make sure you have plenty of ice on hand. Nothing beats a full glass of ice for your drink.
We think of lemonade as a hot summer drink, but it should be on your drink list all year round.
Is Passion Tea Lemonade Good for You
It does not have caffeine, so it is safe for children. No caffeine also makes this a perfect late afternoon drink.
If you are reducing or eliminating your sugar intake, you can make adjustments to the recipe.
Passion tea is an Herbal Infusion made of hibiscus flowers, orange peel, rose hips, cinnamon, lemongrass, natural tropical flavors, citric acid, licorice, and red poppy. Passion tea can relieve stress, insomnia, and anxiety.Quora.com
Passion Tea Lemonade
- 5¼ cups water divided
- 4 each Tazo® Passion® tea bags
- ¼ cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 4 inch piece lemongrass finely chopped
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Ice to serve
- Fresh lemon slices
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Bring four cups water to a rapid boil in a teapot or saucepan. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for several minutes before discarding.
- To prepare the infused simple syrup, combine a quarter cup water, sugar, lemongrass, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through and starts to thicken, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to separate the solids from the liquid. Discard solids and set the remaining simple syrup aside to cool.
- Combine the brewed tea, lemon juice, and remaining cup of water in a large pitcher. Add infused simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- To serve, fill four chilled glasses with ice before adding the sweetened iced tea mixture. Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prepare the tea as stated above, but reduce water amount to 4 cups.
- Stir 8 ounces of your favorite light lemonade into the brewed tea.
Keurig K-Cup Tazo Sweetened Iced Passion Tea Version
Want a quick drink. I could not find a K-cup version of unsweetened Tazo Iced Passion Tea, nor could I find individual teabags. However, tazo does have iced pitcher-sized teabags.
Fill your mug almost full with ice. Set your mug into your Keurig, and using the 8-setting, brew your tea. Add a splash of the lemonade and enjoy.
Tazo Iced Passion Tea: 1 K-Cup has 90 calories with 24g of carbs with 23g of sugar. (Not Keto-Friendly)
Minute Maid Zerosugar Lemonade: 8 ounces has 0 Calories and 1g of carbs.
Learn How to Make the Starbucks’ Version
Alyssa Modos, a Starbucks barista, shares her secret way of making this tea.
What Food Goes Good with Passion Tea Lemonade?
Another Great Tea Drink
Mike and I have been using Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade with Pure Leaf Unsweetened Black Tea as a refreshing sit-on-the porch summer beverage. We pour the tea over ice and then add the Lemonade to suit our individual tastes. I usually fill the glass three-fourths full of tea and top it off with the Lemonade.