Pasta e fagioli, meaning “pasta and beans”, is a traditional Italian soup. It is often called pasta fasul in the United States, derived from its Neapolitan name, pasta e fasule. Like many other Italian favorites, including pizza and polenta, it started as a peasant dish, being composed of inexpensive ingredients.Wikipedia
Pasta Fazool (Pasta e Fagioli) Lunch
This pasta fazool soup started as a quick lunch soup. Then, I remembered that I had leftover taco meat.
Because I added the taco meat, I switched my cheese to a Taco Blend.
I use a can of mixed vegetables, which usually has green beans and lima beans. If you want another bean variety, add your favorite can to the mix.
If you don’t choose to use taco meat in your soup, I recommend an Italian Blend of cheese or Parmesan topping.
The Pasta Fazool Recipe
Pasta Fazool (Pasta e Fagioli) with Taco Meat or Not
- Can of mixed vegetables drained
- 1/2 cup of Creamette Ready Cut Spaghetti or other small pasta
- Can of Hunt’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz
- Vegetable or chicken broth or stock-maybe 1/2 cup-Just used to keep pasta covered with liquid.
- 1 cup of prepared taco meat or sausage
- A small amount of either Mexican Taco, or Italian Blend shredded cheese for topping.
- Cook pasta according to box directions. 1/2 cup of dry pasta is ample for this pot of soup. Set aside
- Heat tomatoes and vegetables in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling.
- If using meat, add the prepared meat now and blend.
- Add the pasta and stir the soup until well blended.
- If needed, add the broth/stock to the mixture to ensure that the pasta is covered and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese on top.
- TWIST & LOCK HANDLES: Strain out water seconds – simply twist the handles and drain out the water – no strainer needed!
- THE ULTIMATE KITCHEN GADGET: The Gotham Steel Pasta Pot is 3 kitchen gadgets combined into a single pot. The 1st kitchen gadget included is the strainer lid- Strain your pasta with the built in strainer lid, no need for a colander. The 2nd kitchen gadget included are twist and lock handles- Keep your hands safe with the Gotham Steel Pasta Pot’s twist and lock handles. Lastly, get rid of all the sticky situations, food comes right out of the Gotham Steel Pasta pot with the ultra-nonstick ceramic coating.
- MULTIPURPOSE POT: Great for pasta, spaghetti and anything else that cooks on the stove! Use the strainer or not, this pot is designed for all types of foods and is oven safe.
- 2 STRAINING SIZES: Includes 2 different straining sizes for fine and thicker foods, ensuring nothing slips out while straining.
- ULTIMATE CERAMIC NONSTICK: The Gotham Steel nonstick cooking surface is coated three times and then reinforced with diamonds to deliver the ultimate food release. No seasoning or even oil or butter needed, makes for healthier eating, and provides for hassle free, 1-2-3 cleanup.
- STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE: The 3-quart saucepan’s full cap base boasts stainless steel layered over a thick aluminum core for rapid, even heating; pan exterior is mirror-finished
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION, COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Comfortable handle with iconic styling provides a confident grasp; stainless steel, snug-fitting lid boasts bell shape, rolled rim and stylish knob
- OVEN SAFE, DISHWASHER SAFE COOKWARE: The stainless steel saucepan is oven safe to 350 degrees F and dishwasher safe for fast, easy cleanup
- SAUCEPAN COMPLIMENTS FARBERWARE FRYING PANS: This saucepan coordinates perfectly with frypans, stockpots and other items from the Farberware Classic Series collection
More Soup Recipes
Last update on 2024-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API