Last Updated on July 1, 2022 by Cheryl Moreo
Sandwich Bread Baked in a Bread Machine
So, want to fill your home with the aroma of freshly baked bread? Then, you should bake some sandwich bread. Now, you can surprise your family with a home-baked loaf of bread. Is there anything better than fresh warm bread that’s just been baked? Bread making doesn’t have to be time-consuming or complicated
Best of all, imagine enjoying freshly baked bread. And, you did it without the chore of kneading and making it by hand.
Hints for Successful Bread Machine Baking
- First of all, understand your machine.
- However, before you position the pan in the machine, add the ingredients into the pan (with paddle secured).
- Most importantly, add the ingredients in the right order. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Also, measure all the ingredients accurately.
- Again, consult your machine’s manual for the best ingredient temperature.
- Always use the type of yeast and flour specified in the recipe.
- Above all, do not omit the salt. Specifically, salt slows down fermentation and enzyme activity in the dough.
- Furthermore, do not make substitutions or leave out any ingredients in the recipe.
Why a Bread Machine
Especially because bread machines are great. You can create so many things with a machine.
As an example, I’ve used a bread machine to make dough for pizza, yeast rolls, and quick bread.
Also, if your family has special diet needs, e.g. gluten-free, you can save a lot of money by baking your own loaves of bread.
Bread machines are able to produce various kinds of bread: whole wheat bread, gluten-free bread, rye bread, and hundreds of other types. They can also make pizza dough, pasta dough, jam, and a number of other delicious dishes.
Bread baking doesn’t have to be intensive, hands-on, or all-day. Instead of watching your starter bubble and expand on the counter, why not let a bread machine do all the hard work?
Sandwich Bread 1 1/2 to 2 Pound Loaf
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/3 cup lukewarm milk
- 3 tbsp butter (cut up into small pieces)
- 3 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast or instant yeast
- Put all the ingredients into your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Now, just program the machine for basic white bread with a medium crust. Select 1 1/2 or 2-pound loaf setting.
- Finally, start the machine.
- When the cycle is complete, remove the loaf pan and let cool. Don’t forget to remove the blade from the bottom of the loaf.
“This post may contain affiliate links, view my disclosure policy for details.”
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Finally, the ingredients and equipment I used:
Shopping for a Bread Machine
Like shopping for any kitchen appliance, finding the best bread machine requires careful consideration. Once you establish your ideal price point, you’ll want to pay attention to the bread maker’s capacity, which will determine the loaf size it can turn out. Popular models typically have a two-pound capacity, though some go up to three. From there, you’ll want to survey the bread machine’s features.Martha Stewart
Some models to consider purchasing. The first one is found on Amazon and the second one is on Walmart.
Walmart sells a budget-friendly bread machine by Hamilton Beach.
Having a get-together, serve bagna cauda with your fresh sandwich bread.
So, do you want to learn more about the bread machine?– Breadmaker101