Skillet Fried Potatoes
Skillet fried potatoes prepared in a cast iron skillet were a staple in both of our families homes. My aunt would add onions and sugar to her fried potatoes.
Russet potatoes hold up best to the frying. Onions, bell peppers, rosemary, and garlic are other great additions to the skillet.
Make sure to pat your sliced potatoes dry before putting them into your cast iron skillet. Also, do not overcrowd the slices.
Use enough oil to keep your potatoes from sticking.
Whether it is breakfast, lunch, or supper, fried potatoes make any meal special.
Cast Iron Skillet Fried Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- First, pare and slice the potatoes to about 1/16 of an inch.
- Then, heat oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high.
- Now, add the potatoes to the skillet. Coat the slices by turning them in the oil.
- As the potatoes begin to brown, turn the potatoes every few minutes.
- Turn heat down to Medium, cover the potatoes, and cook until almost tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove lid and turn heat up to Medium High. Continue to cook stirring and turning potatoes over 3 or 4 times until browned and crusty to your liking.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
My favorite brand of cast iron skillet is Lodge:
Try my Skillet Fried Zucchini.
""As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases."